On 26 Aug 2017, at 20:11, Gabe Black wrote:

Hi folks. Currently OS initialization in FS mode is intimately tied to the System simobjects, the objects which also act as a collection point for simobjects which belong to a particular computer/system. I'm planning to attempt to put together some CLs which will separate those two and make the OS a separate object/concept which is applied to a system. That, combined with some ideas I have for how processes are handled, will I think better
abstract the hardware from the software it's going to run and make how
processes and OSes are handled more symmetric, bringing SE mode and FS mode
closer together.

This is something I'm thinking of working on for fun on the side so I don't know if or when it might be ready, but I figured I'd send out a heads up in
case somebody wants to voice an objection.

I’ve added (better) FreeBSD support next to Linux for X86_64, arm, and armv8. I need to cleanup some code before I can submit them but it might help with another (maybe not just second) system syndrome and give you some guidance on
what your abstraction might (should) also include.

I’ll try to look into getting some patches out the next 8 days.

/bz