Also, I should point out that the systemc standard defines a set of
mechanisms and an interface, not an implementation. The Accellera version
of systemc is *not* the standard, it's just an implementation (a very
common and important one) of that standard. It's dangerous to conflate
those two ideas, and it leads to a lot of problems for everybody.

Gabe