Hi Tony,

We use gcc 5.4.0 like you do, and we didn't find any issues whatsoever* (which
is,

we don't see any segafult happening on O3 regressions)

You can verify this by yourself by running upstream regressions

There is probably something going wrong in the integration

of the patch into your internal fork of gem5. I cannot really help you a lot;
judging by

your bug report it seems to me that there is an unwanted MOVE

(since you have nullptr and the patch is adding move semantics)

Regards

Giacomo

*There is an arm only failure caused by another patch, we are currently looking
into

that.