Dear all,

I’m happy to announce the new gem5 Jira issue tracking system:
https://gem5.atlassian.net .In the spirit of gem5's open, collaborative
philosophy, this is publicly facing instance; allowing anyone to view and
creates issues.

At UC Davis, we've been using Jira for about two weeks now and are happy
with what the current setup offers. I'm aware some on this mailing are more
familiar with Jira than us, so I'd be happy to hear feedback on how to
better setup and configure it. Please feel free to "play around" with Jira
for a while to see what it's capable of and what may be improved.

From now on, https://gem5.atlassian.net should be the first-stop for those
reporting bugs in gem5. Though discussions on the gem5-dev mailing list are
fine, we would appreciate it if bugs, big or small, could be logged in Jira
so they may be triaged and scheduled for fixing in the current or later
releases of gem5.

Likewise, we are more than happy for suggested improvements and new
features to be added as tasks. Even those that may seem small and trivial
are worthwhile adding. At UC Davis we are beginning to redirect students,
keen to contribute to gem5, to Jira and have them allocate themselves
tasks. Therefore, easy, introductory tasks are beneficial.

It would be appreciated if those who frequently contribute to gem5 could
browse the Jira instance regularly, use it to notify others of what they
are working on (by assigning themselves tasks), and share knowledge through
the system (we find that commenting on tasks is a good way to share
knowledge).

As a final note, I wish to take this opportunity to thank Atlassian for
their generous support of gem5, and the open source community in general.

Kind regards,
Bobby

--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce