Hey Gabe,

Sorry for not looking into these much so far. Honestly, I've been
intimidated by the huge length of the patch chain and the complexity of the
code.

Could you explain in more detail here or on the Jira issue what's going on?
https://gem5.atlassian.net/browse/GEM5-187 I'd like to understand better
the need for the complexity of this code and why it can't be implemented in
a simpler way. I'd also like to understand what the high level changes are
going to be. What will the API be at the end of all of these changes? How
are these changes going to affect our end users?

I guess the GuestABI stuff has all passed me by. I'm not sure I understand
guest_abi.hh *at all*. What's this code doing? Why does it need so many
levels of template arguments?

I'm generally concerned with the complexity of this code. It's going to be
a nightmare to try to debug a system call or a pseudo instruction with gdb
given all of these templated functions (and even a recursive template
function in guest_abi.hh!).

Thanks,
Jason