Gabe,

I must confess the new concept how the SE translating proxy is supposed to work
in the new version, is escaping me.

Here is what I am trying to do:  I have a non-standard extension to the GDB RSP
protocol which allows the gdb client to read/write the inferior's memory
without sending M packets over the RSP socket, by SHMEM IPC with the backing
store in gem5.  For that, the GDB client needs to know which virtual addresses
in the guest map to which backing store address.

In the old SETranslatingProxy this was easy: the pTable contained exactly that.
 See
https://github.com/shingarov/gem5/commit/b21074a9835ebe52e8f023e588bcad6a608d738e

Now with the new design, I am scratching my head how to do something
equivalent.  It looks like the translation is buried very far behind the
functionality of the MMU.  Do you think there is still a way to get at it?

Boris