Hi all,

I propose to replace all of the BSD text in the headers of all files with
the following:

/*
 * Copyright (c) <whatever copyright is required. E.g., The Regents of the
University of California.>
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-3-Clause
 */

We will also update the LICENSE file to say the following:

```
Note: Individual files contain the following tag instead of the full
license text.

    SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-3-Clause

This enables machine processing of license information based on the SPDX
License Identifiers that are here available: http://spdx.org/licenses/
```

See https://spdx.org/ids-how for more information about SPDX license IDs.

Before we go through and make a giant changeset (or changesets) to do this,
I'd like to make sure this is something that will work for the community.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Jason