Hi All,

We are trying to debug an application running inside gem5 full system.

After running gem5, we are using 'gdb vmlinux' to attach to it so as to be able
to debug the kernel modules.

One approach we tried was using the 'file' command to load the symbol table for
the application and continue. But then that approach would overwrite the
existing symbol table (for the kernel modules) with that of the application
which is not what we desire.

The second approach we tried was running 'gdbserver' inside m5term and then
connect to it through a gdb instance running on the host.

We did - 'gdbserver localhost:1234 ./app', which seemed to be successful in
launching a process and Listening on the port 1234.

On the host, we did - 'gdb ./app' and from inside it, 'target remote :1234'.
Doing this did not work and we got the generic error - 'remote:1234 connection
timed out'

It'd be great if someone could provide pointers on how can we debug an
application running in gem5 full system and if either of the two approaches
mentioned above would work.

Thanks,
Gaurav