I recommend starting here:
http://www.gem5.org/2020/05/27/modern-gpu-applications.html and here:
http://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/gpu_models/GCN3 (old version
may also be useful: http://old.gem5.org/GPU_Models.html).  The above
includes information about the required driver versions and libraries --
all of which can be installed without sudo/root.  Alternatively, Kyle R has
created a Docker that does all of this for you (see first link).  You may
also consider looking through the archive for old posts on this.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has tried CentOS before though, and I
have no idea if it's supported or not though.

Matt