Hi folks. Our scons scripts currently require (through a
programmatic check) that you're using at least version 0.98.1. Since scons
is now up to version 4.0, this version is ancient and so we effectively
don't have a minimum.

Because scons adds features, fixes bugs, etc, over time, it would be
helpful to have a more specific range of versions to target so that we have
a better idea what API we're writing against. For example, there are two
workarounds in our scons setup right now, one for a bug which I believe was
fixed in version 3.0, and one we can avoid needing using a feature added in
version 2.5.

I did a *tiny* bit of research, and I see that, at least as far as I can
tell, The current Ubuntu LTS uses scons version 3.0. Would making this a
minimum cause anyone any problems? That would let us remove both of the
workarounds mentioned above, and doesn't seem like it would be so new that
people might not have it.

We'd probably want to ask on the user list too just to be safe, but the dev
list seems like a good place to start.

Gabe