Dear all,

In one month's time gem5 v20.1.0.0 will be released. In accordance with our
release procedures (https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5
/+/refs/heads/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#releases), on September 1st we will
create our release-staging branch from the develop branch. Therefore,
anything fully submitted to the develop branch by this date will be
included in the gem5 20.1 release.

Submitting patches to the release-staging branch will be possible, though
only critical changes will be permitted --- bug fixes, small changes, etc.
The primary purpose of this staging branch period will be to test the
release and ensure it's stable enough for general use. After roughly two
weeks (or however long it takes to ensure a stable release) the release-
staging branch will be merged into the master and develop branch. Once
merged,the release of gem5 version 20.1.0.0 will be complete.

As in the previous two gem5 releases, we'd appreciate additional help
reviewing outstanding patch sets on Gerrit. I too will be dedicating more
time to this task to ensure those who have submitted good patches, well in
advance to the deadline, make it into this release.

Kind regards,
Bobby
--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce