Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you about this. Your explanation made sense
(stale docker), but I wanted to try it out before replying to make sure
that was it. I have now, and that command (less the http:// prefix which it
didn't like) said it downloaded an update. After that, "which
python3-config" had output. Thanks!

Gabe