As mentioned by Gabe in the Jira issue, some of the namespaces using snake
declared in the codebase case are defined as parts of a standard, and thus
cannot be modified. Realistically, this means that if we wanted to follow a
namespace naming convention, it'd be snake case: despite having way more
occurrences of pascal case namespaces, they are all "ours"; this means that,
although inconvenient, it would be doable to standardize all of them.

Would you be willing to adopt to enforce a snake case namespace naming
convention? From the previous replies to this thread, it seems that this
solution would appease most - if not all - participants.

For this change to take place, we need to (not necessarily sorted):1) Rename
the python variables named "gem5" in src/systemc/tlm_bridge/TlmBridge.py (or
remove them - I don't remember finding where they are used);2) Add a section to
our coding style mandating snake case for namespaces;3) Change all existing
namespaces to snake case;4) Create a verifier to enforce this convention.5)
Rename/Move elements starting with gem5X/m5X as gem5::X
Finally, regarding macro names, we could improve the corresponding Jira issue
by listing all current macros so that we can start applying the change and
raise objections to particular instances.

Cheers,Daniel