Dear all,

In line with our policy of having three major releases a year, we're aiming
to have v22.0 of gem5 released in early May.  This means we'll be creating
a staging branch from the develop branch by the end of April. The staging
branch will be intensely tested to ensure it is suitable for general
community use before being merged into the stable branch.

We understand there's a backlog of patches to be reviewed. We'll try to
ensure everyone who puts in the effort to submit for this release, and
responds promptly to feedback, makes it into the v22.0 release. If you feel
your patches have been ignored, please ping us on the relevant Gerrit
submission (if you have not already added reviewers, remember to add them).
Help with reviewing over the next month would also be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bobby
--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce