I just emailed ITD to see what their policy is.  Lots of choices... I'm
guessing the only way that DCO would stop forwarding [EMAIL PROTECTED] is if ITD
gave [EMAIL PROTECTED] to someone else and that person ended up in EECS.

Actually, now that I think about it, does it really help to make usernames
consistent?  I was using different email addresses to keep track of what I
did where... i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED] for stuff I did at U-M, @gmail for stuff I 
did
on my own time, someday maybe using my @amd.com email for stuff I do here,
etc.

Steve

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:09 AM, nathan binkert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think they did it to keep track of alumni.
>
> http://alumni.umich.edu/online-services/forwarding.php
>
> I don't think you have to do anything to take advantage of it.  You'd
> have to contact itd to find out if it applies to you, but my guess is
> that given the relatively small number of non-alumni, it's not worth
> trying to keep the two groups separate.
>
> Anyway, which address do you want?  gmail?
>
>  Nate
>
> 2008/5/20 Steve Reinhardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Do umich.edu addresses really last forever?  I know I only got 'stever'
> > after they found that the previous owner had left.  Maybe that policy
> > applies to students but not faculty... though I pity the fool who gets
> stuck
> > with my email address if they take it away from me.
> >
> > On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:12 PM, nathan binkert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> In preparation of the repository release, I'm fixing up a bunch of
> >> bugs in the current repo.  One thing is all of the various user names.
> >>  If you would like to change or update your username in the
> >> repository, please let me know.  For those that have multiple
> >> usernames, I've picked the one that I think is best, unless you tell
> >> me differently.
> >>
> >> I personally would appreciate if everyone chose what they think might
> >> be a durable e-mail address for themselves.  For example, I will use
> >> my binkert.org address.  @umich.edu address last forever, but it's up
> >> to you to set up forwarding.  eecs address only last as long as you
> >> have an account.
> >>
> >>  Nate
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> m5-dev mailing list
> >> [email protected]
> >> http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > m5-dev mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev
> >
> >
> _______________________________________________
> m5-dev mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev
>
_______________________________________________
m5-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://m5sim.org/mailman/listinfo/m5-dev

Reply via email to