Well, I imagine most people will use mercurial at least to check out the code in which case we'll have the last ID. Perhaps we want to include the qbase revision as well incase lot of people use MQ. Speaking of which when the repository is made available we probably want a pretty good little e-mali tutorial that pitches the "right" way to do things as using MQ on top of the repository. I don't really like the idea of having a hook that introduces its own changesets into the repository. Anything we add needs to be a manipulation of the data in the mercurial directory.

Ali