> The FastAlloc pools and StaticInst cache should clearly be duplicated.
> RefCounted will need some work though. I think the only problematic
> case is the EthPacketData and perhaps the statistics at the moment.

Good call.

What exactly is the problem with stats?  They're for the most part
part of the class that defines them.

As for RefCounted, I'll need to make a thread safe version that does
an atomic increment/decrement.  It may turn out that using something
like auto_ptr is a better idea for some objects.  Discipline about
only allowing certain objects to live on one thread at a time might
work too.

  Nate