On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM, nathan binkert <n...@binkert.org> wrote:

> > There are multiple benchmarks that can be run in FS mode (like
> > ValStream). Where can I find a precise description of what those
> > benchmarks do exactly? The reason I ask is because I would like to
> > verify their behavior on SPARC_FS.
> I don't know if much has been written down other than in papers that
> people have written using M5.  (I'm not sure what ValStream even is.)

I see. OK.

> > Also a lot of those benchmarks use tsunami, so they are inherently only
> > benchmarking Alpha. Are there equivalents for SPARC?
> I'm not sure why you think any of the benchmarks we've used are
> inherently only for alpha.  If you're talking about how the binaries
> are compiled for alpha, that's true, but most things can be compiled
> for whichever architecture you want.

I guess I was misguided by seeing tsunami referenced in the context of
alpha, and I guess it is just that the scripts are set up for alpha so they
are asking for tsunami. My understanding is that benchmark binaries are
located on the disk that gets booted by ALPHA_FS and SPARC_FS. So, all these
benchmark configuration files have a path to a binary which probably points
to binaries on a booted disk image. I guess my question is, regarding the
benchmarks provided for the FS mode, can I expect to find any of those
binaries in the SPARC_FS disk image?

Where can I find the source code for the benchmarks so I can figure out what
they do and recompile them?

Thank you.

Polina