> Actually it does because -all- floating point registers are then 32 bits.
> The existence of 64 bit registers is just an illusion the instructions
> provide by gluing two 32 bit registers together internally.
I understand that for MIPS/SPARC, but does the same hold true for Alpha?

I'm encountering an issue where the instruction is "divt f1,f0,f0"

>From looking at the generated output, alpha is expected both f1 and f0
to be double precision registers.

Whereas, in say MIPS/SPARC, when you say f0, you really mean f0+f1.

Or am I just misinterpreting how alpha is working? Guess I need to
double check, but I thought the above holds...