> I hope you don't mind me asking, but why does the fragility of generated code
> matter?  One should never modify generated code and only rarely look at it.

I'm referring to the generator itself.  It's pretty hard to follow
what's going on, so if you want to modify the generator itself, you
need to be really careful about it.

> I'm interested to hear your ideas about how moving SLICC to python helps
> unify the GEMS and M5 configuration.  As we all know this is a pretty
> significant challenge that will be solved in multiple steps.  I just want to
> make sure we are all on the same path.

Some of the generator files generate code that takes configuration
parameters.  I know that at least StateMachine::printControllerC at
least does.  Upon looking at it more closely, maybe this is the only
one that does.  So, maybe this isn't a huge benefit, but having an
easier to understand generator should help.

  Nate