Currently Ruby does dynamically set the size of the bitsets and assigns bitsets
of different lengths to each other.   However, I don't think that is really
necessary.  Rather it is just convenient because Ruby uses the machineCount
function to set the bitset size and that function is not available during
construction.  You can certainly reorganize SLICC to set the max size at
construction, but it will take a little effort.

If someone is willing to replace the current Ruby Set implementation with
stl::bitset, I'll volunteer to make the necessary SLICC changes.

Brad