As Patrick said, to enable DVFS with GEM5 simulation, you have to plug
a power model. McPAT can be used to generate power estimates according
to the statistics collected from a cycle-accurate simulation with GEM5
(you need also to translate GEM5 output statistics to XML format as
required by McPAT). For Dynamic VFS you need to reiterate the loop and
simulate changing DVFS after desired number of iterations; GEM5 allows
you to stop simulation and then start back again, so you can for sure
loop on it.

Simone Corbetta

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Patrick <plafr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xiao,
>
> One of my colleagues at Notre Dame, Sheng Li, was working on a tool called
> McPAT for power analysis. I believe that it has been shown to work with
> gem5. This might be useful for you. Last I heard, Li and McPAT had moved
> to HP: http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/mcpat/.
>
> Patrick La Fratta
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Xiao Guo <guox...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any DVFS support for gem5? Anybody has done this before?
>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Xiao

Simone Corbetta, Ph.D. student

Politecnico di Milano
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione
Viale delle Rimembranze di Lambrate 14
20134 Milano, ITALY

Office: +39.02.2399.9623
Home: http://home.dei.polimi.it/scorbetta