Hello,

I was trying to set up my gem5 repository. I followed the below steps

Steps for getting a copy of the source code:

   - Install git. This is available in the git package on Ubuntu and Redhat
   and OS X macports or home-brew.

   - Clone the development repository git clone
   https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5.

   - After you clone the repository you can update it by typing git pull.

But it fails everytime with the below error

scons build/X86/gem5.fast
Error Don't know what compiler options to use for your compiler.
       compiler: None
       version: COMMAND NOT FOUND!
       If you're trying to use a compiler other than GCC
       or clang, there appears to be something wrong with your
       environment.

I already have gcc4.8 and gcc 4.7 installed. I also have installed
g++4.8 and d g++4.8.

Has anyone faced this issue earlier. Please guide.

Regards

Nidhi