Hello,

I'm a new gem5 user and simulating the coherent protocol of MESI with two level
of caches.
I see on the ProtocolTrace log file that several transition of the same address
can occur at the same cycle.
See below:

7263   0    L2Cache             Unblock                MT_SB>SS     [0x400,
line 0x400]
7263   0    L2Cache             L1_GETS               SS>SS             [0x400,
line 0x400]
7263   0    L2Cache             L1_GETS               SS>SS             [0x400,
line 0x400]
7263   0    L2Cache             L1_GET_INSTR     SS>SS             [0x400, line
0x400]

All these 4 messages are accepted and influence the state machine (even though
it seems like the state kept the same (SS>SS) the requestor has added to the
sharer list).
I was expecting to have only 1 event per cycle that will impact the state
machine.

What/Where is the best way to define this restriction (1 message at a clock) on
All cache level's ?

Thanks,

   Hagai