Hello,

could you post an error here?

P.S
Not sure if it will help with an error, but it is definitely faster when it
comes to the compilation. Try to chroot into the image:
 Mount the image: sudo mount -o loop,offset=32256 (image
name->)linux-x86.img /mnt
- Chroot into the image:
cd /mnt
sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
sudo mount --bind /tmp /mnt/tmp
# copy /etc/resolv.conf to the mount
# cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/etc
sudo mount --bind /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/etc/resolv.conf
sudo chroot .
- Exit the chroom, and umount:
#exit
sudo umount /mnt/proc