From: Rana Elnaggar
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:09:45 AM
To: gem5-users@gem5.org
Subject: Help with application installing on linux x86

Hi,

I am trying to install applications on a linux image kernel 2.6.x downloaded
from here  http://www.gem5.org/Download . I first mount the image, next, I copy
the source code of the application that I need to install. and then unmount the
image and boot the system and from inside the booted image I try to do make.
However, an error in compilation is always related to missing lib/modules.
Could you help me with this issue ? . Also, I thought that booting an image
with a newer kernel could be a solution. Did any one successfully booted kernel
3.x on x86 gem5? If yes, can you share the built image and kernel files ?

Download - gem5<http://www.gem5.org/Download>
www.gem5.org
Getting gem5. The latest gem5 source code (including the encumbered files) is
available via our Git repository host at https://gem5.googlesource.com.

Best Regards,

Rana