Hi Yuan,

The details on SimObject initialization may help:
http://gem5.org/SimObject_Initialization. This code is in the
src/python/m5/simulate.py:
https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/master/src/python/m5/simulate.py#77
.

To expand a little... When the SimObject is initialized, we instantiate a
Params object which wraps all of the SimObject parameters (seen in the
SimObject description files). Then, this Params object (the C++ object) is
passed to the SimObjectParams::create() function which returns the C++
SimObject. There are also a number of other steps shown in the wiki post
above. In those cases, the C++ functions on the SimObjects are exposed to
Python and called in the src/python/m5/ scripts.

Let us know if you have more questions about this.

Cheers,
Jason