Dear all,

gem5-19.0.0.0 has officially been released! You can try out gem5-19 by
pulling the latest version of the code on our git repo's master branch
(which is now a "stable" branch that shall not change between releases):
https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5

The main goal of the gem5-19 release was to test our release mechanisms to
make sure that things go smoothly for the first "RE-gem5" release (
http://www.gem5.org/project/2019/09/12/re-gem5.html). In this sense,
gem5-19 is a major success! We were able to find several bugs in our
release methodology that have been worked out. I’m hopeful that the gem5-20
release will not have any hiccups ;).
Jason Lowe-Power has written a blog post on our website which goes into
more detail about this release, discusses why releases are necessary,
answers some FAQs, and outlines future plans for the gem5 project:
http://www.gem5.org/project/2020/02/25/gem5-19.html

We wish to thank the gem5 community for their patience and support during
the development of this release. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bobby
--
Dr. Bobby R. Bruce