Hi Sam,

There's the "m5 utility" and the "m5 magic operations" for exactly what
you're describing! See util/m5 for details. There's some documentation here
http://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/m5ops/ and in the code
https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/heads/develop/util/m5/

Cheers,
Jason