I don't think you're "getting" my other points:

A checkpoint taken when running with N cpus **must** be restored on a system
running N cpus.  This is inherent in the OS state and also in the fact that
the registers of N execution engines are saved / restored.  Put another way,
the fact that N cpus are running is "baked into" the checkpoint state.

This has nothing to do with BBVs, except that you must be running with 1 cpu to
collect them.

Lastly, BBVs and simpoint methodology do not extend to multiple cpus.  It's
inherently a single cpu technique.

So what you seem to want to do, to my knowledge, just can't be done.

EM