From: Vincent Abraham via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2023 9:14 AM
To: gem5-users@gem5.org
Cc: Vincent Abraham <vincent....@gmail.com>
Subject: [gem5-users] Persistent memory with gem5

Caution: This message originated from an External Source. Use proper caution
when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding.

I  want to configure persistent memory in the RAM  (similar to
https://pmem.io/blog/2016/02/how-to-emulate-persistent-memory/) and just run a
basic FS setup (I'm running fs.py for now). I'm able to reserve the persistent
memory space (with the X86E820Entry() function in the config file) and the e820
table is displayed correctly. But on booting up, I can't find any disk named
pmem in /dev. Is there anything that I'm missing out here? Any help with this
would be much appreciated.