On 5/20/2023 6:39 PM, Pavitra bhade via gem5-users wrote:
Dear all,

I am looking to create a cache memory with  different structure and mapping algorithm. For eg an additional bit for each cache memory location, different mapping algorithm based on the value of that bit etc. I want a to implement a different logic for cache mapping, as against the regular LRU algorithm etc. Can this custom cache memory be implemented using gem5?

Yes.  You can create your own subclass of BaseTags, and of BaseCache, if need
be.
You need to adjust cache.hh / cache.cc / cache_impl.hh a little to know about
the
new class.  You can additional field of blk.hh / blk.cc, etc.

Regards - Eliot Moss