Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:38:24 +0100, Brian E Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Robert is correct - the I-D checklist does require such a section
in every draft. Otherwise IANA has to peruse each draft looking for
work to do.
Since the proposed new section actually has content, the editor may
decide to leave it. You might check the proposed section title ;-)
Hey -- I *really* want folks to feel secure.
As for the "content" -- I dislike null sections, so I stuck something in
there....
Just to be very clear: "This document require no IANA actions" is *not*
a null statement. It contains one bit of information that saves
a lot of time for IANA.
(Personally, I disagree with removing this from the published RFCs.
I think that one bit of information has potential value for future
readers. But I appear to have lost that argument.)
Brian
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art