Hi Francis,
thanks for your review!
> - a variety of ... which make mouting -> makes? mounting
> ^ ^
> (if someone finds the answer for the grammar point in the web,
> can (s)he give a pointer? I've based my comment on French,
> perhaps English is different. BTW "a large number of" is plural
> without question).
FWIW: I had to look this up on the Web myself and it seems that the
English grammar is in this case exactly the opposite as the German:
While Germans would use the German version of "a variety of attack
barriers /makes/...", Americans seem to use a plural verb in this
context: "a variety of attack barriers make...". I found this
information at:
http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutgrammar/numberofpeople?view=uk
Native speakers, please correct me if this is incorrect.
Kind regards,
- Christian
--
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH)
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/
Francis Dupont wrote:
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).
Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.
Document: draft-ietf-netlmm-threats-04.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 15 November 2006
IESG Telechat date: 16 November 2006
Summary: Ready
Comments: I have some grammar questions which should be handled by
the RFC Editor in 3.1 page 8:
- can to trick -> can trick
- a variety of ... which make mouting -> makes? mounting
^ ^
(if someone finds the answer for the grammar point in the web,
can (s)he give a pointer? I've based my comment on French,
perhaps English is different. BTW "a large number of" is plural
without question).
- both on-link and off-link -> either on-link or off-link?
Regards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art