(Sorry for the delay -- this was due yesterday)

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-tls-extractor-06.txt
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: 2009-08-12
IETF LC End Date: 2009-08-11
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Major issues: 0.

Minor issues: 0.

Nits/editorial comments: 2

1) S1, paragraph two ("These applications ... requirements:") - If
I understand this correctly, I believe that the intent here is
to export the keying material to the application that is
co-resident with the TLS/DTLS process, not to an external
application.  Just to be sure, maybe stating this may help
uninitiated readers ... something like:

OLD:
   These applications imply a need to be able to export keying material
   (later called Exported Keying Material or EKM) from TLS/DTLS, and
   securely agree on the upper-layer context where the keying material
   will be used.

NEW:
   These applications imply a need to be able to export keying material
   (later called Exported Keying Material or EKM) from TLS/DTLS to the
   application residing on the upper layer, and securely agree on
   the upper-layer context where the keying material will be used.

2) S1, second bullet item:
  s/random/random values
or
  s/random/random data

Thanks,

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)