I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on

Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive.

Document: draft-ietf-isis-layer2-09

Reviewer: Kathleen Moriarty

Review Date: 19 January 2011

IETF LC End Date:

IESG Telechat date: (if known)

are recommended below.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

Abstract:

Include name for acronym TLV and IS-IS, both are used before being defined.

Include commas in the following sentence:

Change from: “in this document are generic layer 2 additions and specific ones
as needed are”

To: “in this document are generic layer 2 additions and specific ones, as
needed, are”

Section 1:

Paragraph 1, Line 5:

Change From: Layer

To: layer

Paragraph 2, Line 2:

Include acronym for PDU

Paragraph 2, Line 3:

Change from: “generic layer 2 additions and specific ones as needed are defined
in”

To: “generic layer 2 additions and specific ones, as needed, are defined in”

Section 2:

Line 1:

Change from: “In this section we specify the enhancements”

To either: “This section specifies the enhancements”

Or: “In this section, we specify the enhancements”

Line 2:

Change from: “Layer-2”

To: “layer 2”

OR make the use of this consistent in the document.

Section 2.1:

Bullet 4:

Make use of “Layer-2-IS-IS” consistent in the document.

Paragraph 2:

Note use of Level 1 and Layer 2 in this paragraph to make consistent (dash/no
dash, upper or lower case “L”)

Define acronym LSP in first line

Section 2.2:

Line 1:

Change from: “Multi Topology aware”

To: “Multi-Topology Aware”

Bullet 5 (acronym already defined, it can be completely spelled out or use the
defined acronym):

Change From: “sub-TLVs: The MT aware Port Capabilities TLV”

To: “sub-TLVs: The MT-PORT_CAP TLV”

Last sentence: Include acronym for IIH.