From: jouni.nospam [mailto:jouni.nos...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 11:21 PM
To: Yemin (Amy)
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org; draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension....@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Gen-ATR review of draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-07

Hi,

> On Oct 17, 2016, at 1:06 AM, Yemin (Amy)
> <amy.ye...@huawei.com<mailto:amy.ye...@huawei.com>> wrote:

> Hi Jouni,

> Thanks very much for the comments. I fixed the nits in the draft.

> Regarding the Switching Capability-specific information field, we had the
> discussion in WG, and here's the summary/conclusion:

> It's decided that this document will just define the availability TLV, and a
> new draft will define its technology specific usage.

Ok, thanks for sharing this. This document had no mention or guidance of this
kind of decision. I would have assumed some text since the extension defined in
this document is seemingly backwards incompatible without some glue. As the
text is now, is not sufficient.

I would appreciate text along lines that can be found in Section 3 of RFC7688
with an addition of the details you point out below regarding the allocation of
new Switching-capability types. Also, it would not hurt describing (with the
Switching-capability types text) how the situation where an existing non-TLV
Switching Capability-specific information and the new TLV-based information
have to coexist.. or whether that kind format is not supported.

- Jouni