From: Barry Leiba <barryle...@computer.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2019 12:30 PM
To: Meral Shirazipour <meral.shirazip...@ericsson.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-extra-imap-fetch-preview....@ietf.org; gen-art@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Gen-ART Telechat Call review of
draft-ietf-extra-imap-fetch-preview-03

Thanks, Meral, for the review.

> Minor issues:
> -It may be obvious to most but it would be good to also mention how
> encrypted email should be handle and what type of preview should be
> allowed if any

It's certainly easy to say something, and I'll leave it to the author to decide
whether to.  But, yes, it's obvious: if the mail is encrypted, the server
*can't* provide any meaningful preview.

One reason it might be useful to say something is that the end of Section 3.2
makes a semantic distinction between a zero-length string and NIL, so it might
be useful to say which one is applicable to an encrypted message.

Barry