Laura works fast :)

Kaldari

On 3/15/11 2:37 PM, emijrp wrote:
I see both:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Men%27s_national_sports_teams_of_Australia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Women%27s_national_sports_teams_of_Australia

2011/3/15 Laura Hale <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>

    I was looking at Wikipedia and one of the articles I watch got
    moved into a subcategory: Women's national team for Australia.  I
    checked the main category, and none of the men's teams were in a
    subcategory by gender.  These sorts of little things suggest bias
    towards men, and imply that women's content isn't as important.

    Could some one create a bot or help put together a proposal in
    sports to address this imbalance, that suggests that women's
    national teams are a subset of national teams and that only men's
    teams are real national teams?

-- twitter: purplepopple
    blog: ozziesport.com <http://ozziesport.com>


    _______________________________________________
    Gendergap mailing list
    [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
    https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap



_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to