On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Philippe Beaudette
<[email protected]>wrote:

>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Adrianne Wadewitz <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>>  Many women react in ways that are just as sexist as men. Some of
>> the most damaging sexism I have seen on Wikipedia came from female
>> editors. We should not exclude male voices based on the assumption
>> that they could be sexist but allow any female voice.
>>
>>
> I've struggled with this list, today.  I feel emotionally blackmailed - as
> though because I'm male I'm bad.  But the truth is, I've sat and read.  I'm
> not sure I've posted since my introduction.  I've commiserated, and I've
> looked for solutions. There are others like me.  I work with some of them.
>  It hurts to be painted with broad strokes, and I understand that's what
> women have dealt with forever... but it's no fun.  And Kaldari, for
> instance, is the most radical feminist I know... and he's male.
>
> Exclusionary practices are out of line with Wikimedia - at least the
> Wikimedia I want to be a part of.
>
> Adrianne, thank you for you post.  It was powerful and drew me out of
> silence.
>
> Philippe
>
> ______________________
> Philippe Beaudette
> Head of Reader Relations
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gendergap mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
>
>
I found this entire thread rather entertaining, blown out of proportion.

If we agree to this, I'd like to propose another sub-list
for Caucasian Wikipedians and non-Caucasians and then several other
sub-groups till everyone has their own list. ;)


Elizabeth

-- 
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to