On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Chris Keating <[email protected]>wrote:

> > The number of images in Category:High-heeled shoes is higher than most
> > categories about footwear. Approximately one- third of the images are of
> > full body shots of attractive females who are wearing high heeled shoes,
> and
> > a significant number of them are nude or posed in sexually provocative
> > positions.
> >
>
> Hmm, yes, it's very different from all the other categories about
> types of shoes.
>
> I was just having a look at that category and this image caught my
> eye:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Young_girl_with_see-through_tops_and_shorts.jpg
>
> It was bot-transferred over from Flickr with a description of "Hello,
> My name is Amber and I'm 5' 1" and very petite. I like to meet new
> people and I'm very easy to get to know. Just ad me as a friend to see
> all my pics and any comments, notes, and favorites are appreciated
> too. bye for"
>
> The Flickr accounts originally involved have since been deleted
>
> This makes me very suspicious that we've basically taken an image from
> a porn-spammer and unquestioningly put it on Commons....
>
> Chris
> (The Land)
>

Chris, that is a good point.

Commons has other images of "Amber". Including one with the original
description "You guys can get as ruff as you like. I promise I won't break!!
bye for now, Amber "

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Teen_in_tank_top_and_cut-offs.jpg

Sydney
_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to