Earlier today, I posted a thread on Reddit's AskTransgender group asking for
feedback on how Wikipedia handles transgender issues, specifically BLP and
pronoun issues.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/tejwl/is_wikipedia_handling_transgender_identity_well/

Feel free to respond here or there.

This followed discussions relating to the widely-reported announcement by Tom
Gabel, the lead vocalist and guitarist for the punk band Against Me!, of their
intention to transition, and also previous discussions I've had by email with a
UK-based transgender non-profit.

It almost feels like how we handle gender identity and transgender issues
on-wiki is a nice little litmus test for the community's wider attitudes to
inclusion (as well as handling of sensitive BLPs).

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>