On 5/15/12 11:50 AM, Christine Meyer wrote:
I thought that I'd bring an AfD discussion to the attention of this
list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fanny_Imlay#Fanny_Imlay

It really is ridiculous that this discussion is even happening, and is
yet another example of the gender bias on en:Wikipedia.  I've followed
the discussion on the article's talk page, and it goes into absurdity.
  I wouldn't say it there, but how in the world is Imlay not notable
but one of the articles I've been working on lately, [[Anthony
Field]], is?  (I think that Field is notable, but it proves my point,
I think.)  I bring it to your attention because the article needs our
support.

Thanks Christine. The article looks like it was a snow keep which is great. I am pretty shocked it was also nominated for deletion. If an article like this - a high quality featured article about a notable historical figure - is nominated for deletion, then about half of Wikipedia should be nominated for deletion because it's "boring" or because the person is so obscure only scholarly folks tend to know who the figure is.

Glad it's safe now :)

It's also all the more reason for folks to monitor the AfD queue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion

-Sarah

--
*Sarah Stierch*
*/Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow/*