thanks, Sarah

> > at the annual meeting that picks up a 1920s Berlin tradition of lesbians
> > who meet over the extended
> > weekend of Whitsuntide, we met in Nuremberg (city of human rights) this
> > year for another fabulous
self-
> > organized non-commercial bunch of worshops, plenary sessions, cultural
> > programme and a
manifestation in
> > downtown Nuremberg - and all of this in 90% barrier-free arrangements, one
> > of the acknowledged
hallmarks
> > of this meeting, called "LFT" (Lesben-Fruehlings-Treffen, lesbian spring
> > meetings)
>
> I love how you always share information about these gatherings. I do
> think that German lesbians surely must be the most active when it comes
> to intellectual gatherings, merely based on all the activities you share
> with us.

I guess this is partly because many of us read English and, when they compare
what is done in the open and
also on the web elsewhere (e.g. on en.wikipedia.org as compared to
de.wikipedia.org) to what is seemingly
not happening so easily - for whatever reason - where most people speak German
as their first language in
public (not to give any description that links to concepts of "nation" because
there are several regions,
anyway) "these lesbians" might feel that they have to think up activities that
might seem somewhat radical
to people who do not live in the same region

makes me think that maybe it is like bridging cultures, but without a bridge in
a way, so we make them up
ourselves or sort of try to, anyway ;-) taking intellectual approaches
sometimes helps, maybe

thanks & cheers,
Claudia
koltzenb...@w4w.net