Hi Tom, hi @all

> Wikimedia have decided to allow the list to be created

since we are addressing not only one gender gap but, seemingly quite a few,
including those that come alonf
the lines of what has come to be called sexual orientarion, I have a question
about the creation process of
the new list. I recently heard elsewhere that

it was difficult to bring WF to "allow" the list to be created in the frame of
lists.wikimedia.org?
how come?

thanks
Claudia

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 00:09:19 +0100, Tom Morris wrote
being hosted on lists.wikiqueer.org (http://lists.wikiqueer.org).

> > The list is for discussion of possible future LGBT outreach and partnership
> > work, increasing the coverage
of LGBT history, issues and culture, and any other issues that specifically
affect LGBT editors.

> > You don't have to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender to join.
>
> A barely discernible amount of time after Gregory launched it on the
> WikiQueer servers, Wikimedia have decided to allow the list to be created
> on lists.wikimedia.org instead.
>
> Please feel free to join here instead:

> Sorry about the confusion.
>
> --