The resolution wording is:

> ---o0o---
>
> We feel that it is important and ethical to obtain subject consent for the
> use of such media, in line with our special mission as an educational and
> free project. We feel that seeking consent from an image's subject is
> especially important in light of the proliferation of uploaded photographs
> from other sources, such as Flickr, where provenance is difficult to trace
> and subject consent difficult to verify.
>
> ---o0o---
>
> I don't see anything ambiguous about that.

I find it highly ambiguous, and while I tend to agree with you that
probably the majority of nude images on Commons should be deleted due to
lack of explicit and verifiable declarations of consent, I do not feel the
wording quoted above would be helpful in persuading others of that. (In
addition, the absence of a clearly documented process for obtaining and
expressing consent doesn't help. Again, something that anybody can do, very
little technical knowledge required.)

"Consent" is a verb that is only useful in its transitive form. It is
meaningless to say "the subject consents." Consents *to what*? "...for the
use of such media" is not specific. Also, "we feel" is not language that
lends itself to strong project-specific policies.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]