On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 3:44 PM, WereSpielChequers <
werespielchequ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The first would be to allow editors to set their email to only receive
> from confirmed or even extended confirmed accounts. This would be invisible
> to new editors, they'd just not see the *email this user *option for
> people they weren't entitled to email.

This is a great idea. I wish I had this now.

> The second would be an opt in Email moderation service. Similarly to only
> receiving email from confirmed or extended confirmed accounts, this would
> enable editors to opt all or parts of their email via the "email this user"
> function into a moderated stream. Much as with moderated posts to lists
> like this, a list admin would see the email and either approve it or take
> other action. You'd presumably need to having something on the send email
> screen to say that "this editor has opted into email moderation and your
> email will be delayed slightly before being screened and forwarded" You'd
> also need a group of volunteers to do the moderation, spot abusive emails
> and block abusers.

Also a good idea, but I doubt it would be scalable. We have a hard enough
time finding volunteers to moderate this mailing list, much less, hundreds
of people's incoming email streams. Plus there would be serious privacy
issues to worry about.

> The third would be an AI driven filter that people could opt into and
> which would screen emails going through this system and put high risk ones
> into a moderation queue.

This might be a more workable implementation of the previous idea.

Another idea I've heard would be to let people use email aliases similar to
Craigslist. That way you could respond to wiki-related emails without
giving away your actual email address.