I have all of the above... my home router is a Sokris box running
embedded PfSense.  I haven't updated in way too long and it just
runs.  I have an IPSEC VPN tunnel that's up full-time to a PIX and
it's rock-solid.  I also use PPTP VPN for myself to get in from the
outside world.

For this particular project we have a backup site with between
100-1000MB bandwidth, depending upon who's looking.  Drop a baby PIX
on it and look up the specs:  throughput is around 60 Mbs but drop an
3DES VPN on the box and it drops to 3 Mbs.

We built up a few boxes with more horsepower and are running about
300-400 Mbs.  Question is how much do we suffer with an IPSEC VPN
since we don't have any hardware acceleration.  Not yet deployed so I
was wondering if anyone else had any experience.

Keith Stokes