Yes. I develop in Objective-C so that's not a big deal. Embedded
development seems to be mostly in C which also isn't a problem.

The problem with my project seems to be with picking and choosing the
appropriate components and chips and subsequently designing a board to hold
them. There are many combinations and not all of them work together.