From: Indrajeet Verma
<indrajeet.ve...@gmail.com<mailto:indrajeet.ve...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 1:24 AM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
<general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com>>
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] SEARCH-BADORDERBY

Hi,

I was having issues in ML8 as SEARCH-BADORDERBY: (err:FOER0000) Indexes are
required to support element, element-attribute, json-property, or field sort
specifications.

So I created range index for the element "name" as It was being used in
<sort-order>

I just wanted to confirm whether range index are mandatory in ML8 for the
elements that we use in <sort-order> as a search option.

I have gone through the link as well for the documentation and I did not see
that the error will be thrown in case indexes will not present. Please let me
know if I am missing anything.

https://docs.marklogic.com/guide/performance/order_by#id_29515

Thank you for your help.

Regards,